BISON USA is seeking a top-notch Account Payables representative for their Amherst, WI location. This position is onsite with no remote work potential.
The Account Payable representative is responsible for the payment of goods and services purchased by the organization. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed for the purchasing and payment of goods and services. Additionally, general accounting duties are required including maintenance of proper supporting systems in both accounts payable, month-end report processing and analysis, and participation in other special projects as needed.
* Enter new vendors in system
*Request, update and scan W-9 forms from vendors as needed
* Prepare and code invoices for entering and payment
* Process invoices
* Integrate invoices into Great Plains 2 different systems
* Process weekly check run including attaching all checks to each invoice for signatures and mailing to vendor
* Process requests for Wolding's W-9 form, credit applications, credit references, etc
* Process cancelled checks, cross check with bank statement, and void payments when applicable.
* Prepare statements for Shop Supervisor
* Prepare ACH payments
* Credit card statement - gather back-up from all individuals, code, enter and pay
* Monthly review of vendor statements to ensure all invoices are accounted for.
* Prepare, send, and submit 1099's annually to individuals and various states
* Sales and use tax filing - Quarterly
* Enter and scan all invoices and statements submitted
* Update various spreadsheets including:
* Regular checks, ACH, and Virtual Card payments - Fuel, tire inventory, etc.
Required Experience & Skills:
* We are looking for someone who works well within a team, has previous accounting experience, (Great Plains a plus), and is proficient with all aspects of an office/accounting setting.
* High school diploma or equivalent, Accounting degree preferred.
* Previous work experience with Account Payables and yearly 1099 filing.
* Proficient using a 10-key calculator.
* Detail oriented with strong computer skills.