BISON USA is looking for a Regional Planner. This person will be responsible for efficiently coordinating customer freight and our assets to maximize profit and utilization. This role will uphold corporate policy, procedure, direction and culture; ensuring program objectives/goals are met.
- Establish resource availability through analysis of the drivers, tractors and trailers in their assigned region and interpret what restrictions and opportunities they present. The Planner must take all relevant factors into consideration from individual driver requirements, equipment restrictions and overall balance issues.
- Establish and forecast customer needs and demands. Corporate accounts will involve monitoring, forecasting and servicing the client's needs on a regular basis. The Planner is expected to have a thorough understanding of the priority of a given client, their volumes, cycles, flexibility, urgency and additional opportunities they may hold.
- Assemble the overall strategy by taking all relevant information, developing a plan and communicating it in an effective and timely manner to the Fleet Management group for execution. Recognizing the need to adjust plans, such as required, is critical.
- Communicates with relevant customer personnel regarding all issues surrounding the movement of loads.
- Understand freight rates, negotiate spot market business, and direct long term rate inquiries to the Marketing Department.
- Establish the strengthen relationships with key customers contacts.
- Monitor loads as required.
- Support the Operations team in an effort to achieve departmental objectives. The Planner must be aware of issues that go beyond their specific region, and have a clear understanding of how their activity affects the entire network. Involvement in issues outside of their region or regular scope of duties is required.