The Equipment Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all of the equipment needs, issues, concerns, are addressed. This is accomplished through daily communication, training, and the ongoing development of a solid working relationship with all Operations, Maintenance, Orientation, and Training staff. This also includes identifying all concerns, gathering and providing all relevant information, reporting on how the issue was handled, and providing recommendation of any necessary follow-up action. Good communication skills and a professional attitude are basic requirements, along with good perception skills and the ability to anticipate situations before they become inflated.
Communication - Daily dialog with Maintenance & Operations Departments:
- Status of tractor and trailer repairs, preventative maintenance and DOT inspections.
- Status of equipment in/out of service.
- Availability of idle equipment.
- Trailer pool requirements.
- Reconciliation of trailer possession with Sister Companies.
- Equipment Database Maintenance.
- Ensure all Bison Equipment is entered and updated in File Maintenance accurately with complete information.
- Work with Operations, Systems and Maintenance Departments to ensure consistency is maintained.
- Ensure all Non-Bison trailers are entered in File Maintenance accurately with complete information.
- Daily review of idle trailers to ensure trailers are not sitting for unacceptable periods of time.
- Investigation of missing trailers to ensure all equipment is accounted for and available for use.
- Reviewing of customer and terminal trailer pools to ensure system balance.
- Request yard checks be obtained by Operations Department as needed.
- Review the Inactive Trailer report daily to identify idle trailers. Then working with Operations Department.
- Daily communication with the shop in regard to trailers in shop status or red tagged equipment.
- Participate in and contribute to all other tasks and initiatives as is necessary and as it relates to the goals of the company. i.e. Committees, work and focus groups.